Sunday, May 9, 2021

LAYERS

The current "Just Us Girls" Challenge - #583 Layers was a perfect opportunity to use up some bits and pieces that have been languishing in my stash. It's a beautiful morning and I'm automatically drawn to sunny yellow.



I started with a white card base that had already been blind-embossed with a plate image. The white die-cut Sizzix Tim Holtz flower silhouettes on the right are strategically covering up a pink ink finger print. When I began working with this I had thought to make an all-white layered card to use up a bunch of white flowers, but then the morning sun got the best of me! I stamped the birthday sentiment from PTI's "Stylish Sentiments - Birthday" clear stamp collection with their "Summer Sunrise" dye ink. I mounted it on a yellow-gold mat and a white top-folded card and added the flower dies, die-cut butterfly, and a couple of yellow-gold gems. That's about as many layers as I could manage on one card base! 




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Fran. I love the white on white flowers and the touch of yellow. The sentiment is lovely too.
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete