Sunday, August 20, 2023

A LITTLE INSECT HUMOR

"Don't Bug Me!" That's our beloved Ann's Clean-and-Simple theme for The Paper Players PP654 Challenge this week - CAS projects featuring any type of insect. What a great opportunity for a bit of insect humor!



And what a great excuse for me to pull out my favorite Katzelkraft rubber bug stamp set. These bugs are so whimsical, and I've used them for several cards over the past years. It's anyone's guess which insect each of these little characters actually is, so that got my mind jumping around to come up with some sort of silly sentiment. My first thought was "Jack's biggest disappointment in life was that he was not born as a bee." But that was way too wordy for the area I had planned to place the sentiment (also, you'll notice that Jack actually has more than six legs, so I guess he's not technically an insect)!



I started this card with a white card panel that I die cut with a stitched rectangular die. I stamped my little creature with black ink and colored him with Copic markers. Then I masked him and overprinted the flowers and bee in green. I masked off the area around the little bee and restamped him in black and filled in with a bit of yellow and pale blue. The final step was to generate the sentiment with my computer, trim, and glue over the face of the card. I put a couple of white gel pen dots at the right margin of the sentiment banner.




Come and join us in the fun! Just make sure to keep it CAS - and you have my permission to be as silly as you want!

Our Team Designers have some great inspirational cards for you, so visit their blogs and check them all out.
 

8 comments:

  1. That comical bug is fabulous Fran! I love the little details, many legs and all and he looks fab amongst the greenery. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well isn't he a nifty fella! This is terrific, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, Such a great card. I love that crazy bug and such a great sentiment. I'm a sucker for wordplay. Oh, and your coloring is fantastic! Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, I just LOVE this card! This funny little bug made me smile! I don't think I would be scared of him. The wildflowers look fabulous, too! PERFECT CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This image just cracks me up! You've taken it to a new level of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a hoot, Fran! I absolutely adore your card. This image is TOO cute! And that sentiment, oh my gosh! You did a fabulous card with my challenge this week! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katzelkraft critters are my favorite and this one is no exception. As we are getting ready for our cruise with performers from the RSC you can imagine that your sentiment reminded me of that perfectly. Fabulous card. As we are on Shakespeare, I will leave you with a quote from Hamlet that I think perfectly epitomizes your critter - and all the Katzelkraft ctitters; “Though this be madness, yet there is method in’t.” :-)
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fran, that little bugger is TOO cute! I just love your little scene and you really brought everything to life with your fabulous coloring. Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete