Sunday, November 5, 2023

LET'S GIVE THANKS!

Let's give thanks to Anne Marie, who's in charge this week at The Paper Players and she's come up with a perfect theme for this time of year for our new challenge!





My take on Anne Marie's challenge is a basket full of thanks! I started with a wood-grained kraft cardstock as a card base. I used an ivory cardstock panel, die cut as a rectangular stitched panel that I stamped with an ancient stamp that I had never used before. I stamped it with PTI "Dark Chocolate" and "Americana" inks, punched a couple of holes, and pulled through and tied two strands of silk thread that I had colored with Copic markers. I stamped the basket from PTI's "Basket of Blessings" on kraft paper, colored it with Copic markers, and mounted it to the face of the ivory panel with dimensional foam. The final steps were to matt the ivory panel with rust cardstock and glue it to the wood grained card and add some rust-colored gems.   


If you haven't checked out The Paper Players Challenge blog yet, go and see what the ladies have prepared for your inspiration!

On a Personal Note: Four years ago I tried to retire, but one of my long-standing design clients asked me to stay on with him to complete an office park with three buildings next to the tenth fairway of a local golf course. The projects were interesting and varied and I told him I would help - as long as the spaces would be done only one at a time. Well, there was some overlap, but in the end, I completed design work on one speculative office space, one full building for a medical research lab, a financial planner's offices, and several spaces in a 4-story mixed use building in Ashland. Finally last Tuesday was the grand opening of a large medical spa that I've been working on for a full year and the completion signaled my agreement with myself to fully retire. So, as of the beginning of last week I am now officially retired! At 78 I think it is about time!     

18 comments:

  1. Well, congratulations on finally making the break! Time for YOU now, Fran. Love your card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I was hoping you'd share the name of this stamp because I just love this image! I have some oldies too! I love the little basket as well as the colors you used! And congrats on your final retirement! Wow, what a project! I am sure you're proud of it but maybe glad it's all over?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, LeAnne! I did a quick online check, as I suspect this old stamp may be an Inkadinkado because of the swirling leaves nature of it. But I couldn't find it anywhere. It must be one of the oldest clear stamp sets I own. I used to use CD boxes to store my stamps and I had never used this one - probably because of the odd oblique shape of it. When I pulled it off the plastic it came off in two pieces!

      Delete
  3. Fran, Congrats on the retirement! Your card is so pretty. I love the colors you used. The bow is my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, your card is beautiful. The bow perfectly balances that fabulous basket. Oh... and what a way to go out into retirement. That's a LOT of work you had to get finished. Congratulations on your retirement. You so deserve it!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jaydee - I'm remembering that you have an impending retirement coming up as well!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful card. Love the wood grain paper and that darling little basket of thanks. Happy Retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Fran! As always, your design is clean and lovely. What fun images with the swirling leaves and adorable basket. I always love your bows. Congratulations on your "full" retirement. Enjoy it! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Fran, this is just lovely! I love the CAS look and the swirling leaves and adorable basket of flowers is gorgeous! I love the little bow and shiny gems!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card--and, as always--a wonderful design! Congrats on the official retirement; I can't recommend it more highly. I'm inferring from your post that you live near or in Ashland. Our daughter lived there for two years, and we think it's one beautiful place! We loved visiting there in every season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! Actually, I live in Medford. We lived in Jacksonville for a couple of years back in the 80s but moved to Medford and have been there since. The entire Rogue Valley has a lot to offer! ~F~

      Delete
  9. I love this design Fran - the foliage is so delicate and the wicker basket is the perfect recepticle. Congratulations on your full retirement at last!

    ReplyDelete