Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Sympathy Cards

As much as I love card making, I wish I never had to make a sympathy card. Rather than make up a bunch of these cards to have in advance I prefer to make each one individually with the person I'm sending it to in mind. I always feel completely tongue-tied in expressing my sympathy, so my cards are an attempt to let someone know I'm thinking of them and holding them in my love.
 
Having said that, this one is for my sister-in-law who lost her mother over this past weekend. Sadly she was still grieving her husband's death in 2018 (my husband's brother).
 
 
I used one of the Hero Arts "Color Layering" Poly Clear stamp sets for the image and sentiment and Stampin' Up's "Chalk Talk" die. The colors are quite a bit softer than they photographed with my cell phone.
 
I'm sharing this over at Less IS More #393 "Subtle Colours"
The colors on this card
 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Delightful make for the LIM challenge, who could fail to be uplifted on receiving it

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love the subtle colours you chose. Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry to hear about the struggles of your sister in law. I'm sure she appreciates this beautiful card, it has a very serene and comforting feel. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this beautiful card. It seems the older we get, sadly the more of these cards we need. TFS

    ReplyDelete