Sunday, May 19, 2019

Color Throwdown ctd543
 
Wow - 2 cards in one weekend! I'm still nursing this bronchial thing and it seems that crafting is the only thing I can manage to do.
 
I can't believe how long it took me to make this card. My process is usually to start designing and then edit, edit, edit - an old design school thing where I was taught to draw something and then determine how few pen or pencil strokes it takes to complete the idea. Although I have a strong preference for clean & simple, my personal style tends to be all over the board. I usually land somewhere between CAS and fancy. What's the descriptive word for card designs that are not CAS?
 
At any rate, here's this morning's offering to Color Throwdown - "Aqua, Green, and Gray".
 
 
 
 
I had a metallic graphic envelope in my stash, which I lined with green polka-dot paper and then stamped with PTI's "Songbirds" leaves. The dies on the card are from PTI "Songbird" for the larger branch and MFT's leaves in bright green. The bird (which you'll recognize from yesterday's card) is also MFT and I think the ovals are from Sizzix.
 
 

 
Here's another view in which I added bright green embossed leaves to the front of the envelope.
 
 
 
   

1 comment:

  1. I love this composition! Great layout and use of the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete