Friday, May 10, 2019

BIRTHDAY HUGS

 

Freshly Made Sketches 387

 
On Saturday my youngest granddaughter arrived at our home with a terrible cough, to spend a couple of hours with us. I thought she was having an allergic reaction to the dog and cats, but then the following day she ran a fever and was sick all day. Thank you, Kaitlyn! Yesterday I started coughing and today I feel like complete crap, with deep cough, headache, and muscle aches. If I hadn't gone to bed so early last night I would have stayed there this morning, but I felt the need to get up and move a bit. I managed to crank out this card, but this is all I've done all day. I'm sure that all of the work I should have done today will be sitting there waiting for me tomorrow...
 
 
I did a reverse of Cécile's banners for some dimension. The paper is all from my scrap bins, the leaf die is PTI's "Songbirds" and the stamp is from their "Stylish Sentiments: Birthdays", printed in "Ripe Avocado". The banners are a single die from Cricket Cuttlebug and it was quite a task to get each banner cut straight. 
 
 
 
 
May 14, 2019
 


4 comments:

  1. Using the negative space from the banners is such a great idea! Fabulous card! I hope you're feeling better soon. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - the reverse banners look amazing and the stripes really catch your eye! What a fabulous idea! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the negative space of those banners to add some fun color! Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete