Sunday, August 25, 2019

CLEAN AND SIMPLE CHALLENGE

 
AAA CAS Game #147 - "Along the Edge + Optional Twist Inspired by a Song". My entry is inspired by the old 1945 Christmas standard "Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow" by Jule Styne and Sammy Cahn. 
 
 
 
Die and Let It Snow stamp from PTI "Christmas Cheer"
Inks: Memento "Gray Flannel" and VersaMark
White embossing powder
Metallic envelop from Papers & More
 
 
I really struggled with this card because I wanted the die image to stand out. I tried multiple layers of white card stock but had a lot of trouble with the thin letters and glue. This version is using a layer of thin foam with card stock glued on top and then mounted on the card. If anyone who has happened upon this post and knows how to clean Tombow liquid glue from card stock, I would be most appreciative!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love that song and your card too! The greys seem so peaceful and quiet just like it is when it snows. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and envelope set! Love that bold die cut sentiment! A rather belated thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!!

    PS I'm not sure about removing Tombow glue specifically but I've had great success with my Creative Expressions Adhesive Eraser!

    ReplyDelete