Thursday, August 22, 2019

FRESHLY MADE SKETCHES

 
 
Have I already said how much I LOVE making Halloween cards? They are so much fun and I can just let my normal "weirdness" run un-checked. If you look at my Gallery and scroll down to Halloween cards you can see all of cards I've sent out to friends and family over the past 10 or so years.
 
So I've been looking at the challenges as an opportunity to make them into Halloween cards and somewhere along the line I'll hit on the design that I want to duplicate for my official 2019 card. Freshly Made Sketches #300, the 3rd week of their 400th Sketch Celebration, has provided a fun challenge this week.
 
 
I chose to make the oval shape into a window rather than a layer on the face of the card. The paper is a new collection by Simple Stories called "Happy Haunting" that I picked up at Craft Warehouse. It's 2-sided with the herringbone on one side and the black and orange cobwebs on the other side. The ghost stamp is from Stampfrancisco and the oval die is from Sizzix. Also used, Versamark ink and black and white embossing powders. The square 6-1/2" black envelope is from Papers & More.
 
  
 
Detail at the oval window.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun card and a very clever take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete