Friday, July 8, 2022

ROCKER CARD

This is the second week (Trend Week) of my guest design tenure at Just Us Girls Challenge for the month of July and the trend this week is "Rocker Card". I had to go to Pinterest to find out what a rocker card is, and I chose to challenge myself with a predominantly white Christmas card.


I used a plastic template from my drafting days to make the rocker base on the card, since I don't have any circle dies large enough to make a 5-1/2 x 5-1/2 card. I hand-cut it and the smaller circle used for the snow line, which I then die cut with a stitched curved line. I do have large enough circle dies for both the white base and light gray sky. The sentiment was heat-embossed with silver embossing powder before attaching the circle and snow line to the rocker base. The trees are from Sizzix/Tim Holtz #660978, and I layered several of them together, tucking them behind the curved snow line. The final step was to add small silver sequins and make a custom square card with silver lining.

Rocker cards are a bit outside of my comfort zone of mostly CAS cards, but I actually enjoyed this one. I'm hoping some of you will be challenged to try your hand at it. I think the ones I saw online that were more juvenile birthday or new baby cards were the most successful - let's see what you come up with!

"Just Us Girls" Challenge: Just Us Girls Challenge #640 - Trend Week



   

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Fran! I need to make a white on white card for a team I'm on and this is a great example. I'm hoping the people who are thinking about playing along with us this week will think it is easy...just cut a circle (or two) and decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran... I am so loving the white and all the dimension. Fab card! Thanks so much for GDing with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Fran. I love how you layered those trees, and it looks like you even left in some of the cuts. I may have to CASE this, as a rocker or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love this beautiful snowy scene with those awesome trees and the sparkly falling snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran, your wintry wonderland 'forest', complete with sparkly falling snow, is gorgeous - and made all the more impressive in being a rocker card! WOW!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning! Very elegant rocker card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Fran this is stunning in white - just a perfect rocker card. Love those trees.

    ReplyDelete