Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone visiting here!

 
There's so much to be thankful for this year. Today we'll be with our son and his extended family and tomorrow it will be my husband's family - and I'm not cooking for either of these celebrations! I spent the entire day yesterday working on cards. It doesn't get any better than that. I have 3 new card designs to show, but I lost my patience while photographing so I may not post all 3 here today.
 
This first card is in response to the newest challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches by Cécile. The 2 stamps I used are ancient and I have no idea who manufactured them.
 
   
The paper I used for the card and matching envelope is PTI "Ocean Tides" cardstock and some silver cardstock I had on hand. The inks are PTI "Fresh Snow" and "Pinefeather". The star sequins are ones I had on-hand.
 
 
 
 
While I had the Ocean Tides cardstock strewn all over the room I decided to play with a Sizzix Jim Holtz #663117 die I bought last year that I hadn't used yet. I used the "stars" across the bottom third of the card and then cut out 2 trees from a Cricket holiday set, glued those to the front, and then cut the third tree out of the face of the card, inserting a patterned paper tree into the cut-out. I stamped the Impression Obsession greeting from their CL971 "Holiday Words" and embossed it with silver embossing powder.
 
 
 
And then finally, I believe we'll be using this one for our personal card to family and friends. I'm not entirely happy with the photos - the shimmery metallic paper doesn't really show off so I'll probably re-shoot these for a separate post. At that time I'll include all of the manufacturers' information about the papers, dies and stamps I used.
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Your cards are wonderful! I love your choice of colours and the images you've used! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete