Wednesday, January 8, 2020

WITH SYMPATHY

A New Decade

Welcome to 2020. I took some time off from my card making for a much-needed break for the holidays. It was pleasant to spend time with our extended families over several celebrations!
 
However we are beginning the year on a somber note with the passing of a friend and the fabrication of my least favorite form of card - a note of sympathy. I'll be happy if this is the last sympathy card I need to make this year. I used the sketch by Judy at Freshly Made Sketches for my inspiration.
 
 
The stamp I used for the card front and coordinating envelope is from Papertrey Ink's "Turning A New Leaf" and I used 2 ink colors directly on the stamps. The green background is a Cuttlebug embossing folder, the little stitched heart die is from PTI, and the sentiment is an old Anna Griffin rubber stamp. This was really hard to photograph today because of available light, but the close-up below is closer in tone to the actual paper colors.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm anticipating being back again tomorrow because I have a couple of birthday cards I need to get sent to friends and family members. See you then!

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. These cards are so hard to make but can bring so much comfort to those suffering. This is truly a beautiful card. Simple, understated yet still beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss, Fran. The stitched heart tag is such a lovely detail on this sweet sympathy card. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and elegant. I love that two-tone stem - and the unique touch with the heart tag. It will be so meaningful for your friend's family. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sympathy cards are definitely the hardest! This one is just perfect, so elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quiet and peaceful card. Lovely choice of colors. It's copied into my "card to make " file. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! This is the kind of design for a sympathy card that I prefer - soft, peaceful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete