Friday, January 10, 2020

REPEAT

Back again with birthday cards!

A great day for making cards - the house is quiet and I have nowhere to go. Some time ago I purchased a package of vintage photo cut-outs from Jim Holtz "idea-ology" that caught my eye but I haven't really played with them until today. I decided to use them for a couple of birthday cards.
 
This first card is for my brother and I was also working with the current CASology cue - "Repeat". The stamped sentiments are from PTI's "Birthday Bash Sentiments", printed with their Dark Chocolate and Terra Cotta Tile inks.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This second card is for a long-standing friend and former business partner. We've celebrated at least 20 years of birthdays together (the most notable one 2 years ago with two other women on a one-week trip to Kauai). This figure reminded me of her! The sentiment is an Impression Obsession one from one of their fall collections. You can't see the bronze embossing and border on this card, primarily because of the limited light available today.
 
 


4 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your first card. I have that set from PTI, and it makes me so happy to see how you have used it. Brilliant use of repetition, and I'm sure your brother will be very happy. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you used these cut outs perfectly and teamed with just the right sentiments. Love how you used the repeated sentiment for the CASology card-so cleanly stamped. Thanks for joining us at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These cards are stunning. Thank you for joining us at CASology. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your cards are gorgeous, Fran, but I especially love the first one with that cool dude leaning on the sentiment. Such a great design! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week! (PS Sara is gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete