Saturday, January 30, 2021

PATTERN

 Since seeing that Sue had selected the codeword "Pattern" for our next Addicted to CAS Challenge #190 I've been mulling around ideas in my brain as to how I might use this beautiful arabesque-patterned paper that I bought about a year ago. As a full sheet it's WAY too busy for a CAS approach - rows of hexagons with at least a dozen different arabesque style designs in an overall pattern. So I decided to use just one of the pattern designs behind a circle cut-out. As I worked with it the card took on a bit of a surprise to me as I thought it might be fun to use another patterned paper die-cut to contrast with the blue/tan/white arabesque circle. The real challenge was to do this in a CAS manner.


Look at how beautiful this paper from Ella & Viv Paper Company is:


Tunisia EAV-1003

After I cut the circle die in the white cardstock I sent it back through my Big Shot with a vinyl pad to make a plate mark for a more finished look. The sentiment is from PTI's "Winter Hills", stamped with their "Blueberry Sky" dye ink. The die-cut hollyhocks are an old favorite of mine from Impression Obsession (DIE169-R). I cut one of the dies from PTI's dotted paper (I think it's Fine Linen) and also used it for the lining of the envelope. The second die was cut from white cardstock and layered under the patterned ones as a sort of shadow.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what each of you might come up with in response to the "Pattern" prompt! Please join us!

 

6 comments:

  1. What a stunning paper Fran and what a great way to showcase it in a CAS way! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting Fran! Stunning use of pattern paper. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome use of the pattern paper! Turned out quite fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. That paper is stunning... and I love how you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That paper is fabulous and all that white surround really helps you to focus on a smaller area and appreciate how intricate and beautiful it is
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete