Saturday, January 16, 2021

ADDICTED TO CAS - SNOW

So here we are already at the second challenge of 2021! Ceal has selected a code word that is very appropriate in many areas in the northern hemisphere. My local weather is wet and cold but we have snow on all of the mountains surrounding our valley. I'm looking forward to seeing what all of you come up with.



My choice was to keep my card pretty much colorless and just play with texture and dimension by layering dies and embossing. I have a very strong preference to square cards, although here in the US they're quite expensive to mail. 



The snow embossing folder is from Darice. The evergreen tree dies are Tim Holtz #660978 for Sizzix Thinlits. The snowline is what's left when you die-cut one of Lawn Fawn's stitched wavy dies and use the plain edge without the stitching. I glued an additional 2 layers behind the snowline to give it dimension and 3 layers of cardstock on the tree in the foreground. I would also like to give a shout-out to a wonderful product a friend gifted me with - Artist-tac, permanent dry adhesive sheets that are really useful when attaching detailed dies to a card (I will tell you that I'm not being paid to advertise for this product).
The sentiment is from PTI's "Winter Hills" stamped with their "Stormy Sea" ink. The envelope is lined with some old paper scrap I've had laying around for years.

Now it's your turn - have fun!

                                                          




6 comments:

  1. What a beautifully dimensional card Fran. I love that you kept it all white and relied on texture for impact. Vicky x

    PS I've been admiring the photo of Sara asleep on the sofa looking VERY content. She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely elegant card, Fran.
    - Joy Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, Fran! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so realistic that I almost felt a chill..LOL!..seriously, it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dimension on your trees is amazing, Fran...love your snowy sky, too! Thanks for the info on the dies :) Barb xx

    ReplyDelete