Sunday, January 3, 2021

WANTING TO TRAVEL AGAIN, BUT ALAS...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if in 2021 we can begin to travel again? I think this card came out of a bit of wishful thinking.

But, you know how some cards just come so easily? An idea comes, you go straight to your supplies and the card is finished without incident. That's not how this one came about. I started with the intent of jumping off from the challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch!, remembering that I had a couple of sheets of a very old paper that looked like tire tracks (similar to the pattern on the diagonal band of sketch #402 by Chrissy Larson). I have to admit that diagonals are not my favorite layout for cards, so maybe that was the problem. I persisted, going through piece of paper after piece of paper, giving up more than once, and completely over-working the concept.  Well, here's the final result and it took longer than just about any card I've made and my craft room is a total train wreck!




The sentiment is from Simple Stories 'Simple Vintage Great Escape', stamped with PTI Dark Chocolate. The tiny tag is from PTI. The papers are all from my stash of scraps.





 

2 comments:

  1. So worth the time and the wrecked craft room Fran ( although I'm saying that as the person that doesn't have to clear it up!) I love the mix of patterns and your stamped details and that little tag. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, I couldn't agree more about missing travel! We haven't been anywhere in two years, for one reason or another!
    I hadn't even seen the 'tire tracks' in Chrissy's Sketch until now! I'm really glad you took this journey through card making with us - your card was worth every mile of effort, and the papers are so perfect! Thanks for playing!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete