Saturday, January 2, 2021

Addicted to CAS

My big news for the beginning of 2021 is that I've been invited to participate as a Design Team member for Addicted to CAS! This is my first ever design team assignment and I can't begin to tell you how pleased I am. I've been following and participating with this challenge blog off and on since about July 2015. I was so impressed by the design abilities of that team that I considered them to be the "rock stars" of the card making community. To now be on this team 5-1/2 years later is a HUGE privilege for me!

Having said all of that, here is my first card as a member of the Design Team:



This challenge of January 2, 2021 is #188 "Emboss (Dry or Heat)" hosted by Barb. I decided to try my hand at using both methods of embossing on the same card. (This card layout is similar to one I produced last February.) The dry method was achieved by using a postage stamp die I have and running it through my Big Shot with a rubber mat. The heat embossing is done with VersaMark watermark and ZING! "Rouge" embossing powder for the lips and white embossing powder by Stampendous for the 'XOXO' (PTI "Heart Prints"). The tiny red heart is die-cut from red card stock using a die from one of MFT's collections. The sentiment is from Impression Obsession, stamped in Memento Die Ink "Tuxedo Black". I'm thinking I may use this design for this year's Valentine's Day card.

Here's a close-up:   



It's now your turn!









   

10 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous valentine Fran! Love that you used a die to emboss the postage stamp frame and your group of lips, sentiment and tiny postage stamp are perfection! Happy new year (rock star!) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first design team! I love your embossed postage stamp front... very fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm looking forward to the next 6 months and getting to know all of you talented designers!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your first DT and at ATCAS!
    Wonderful debut card and so fantastic you combined both dry and heat embossing. Love the red lips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling delightful to have you on board Fran! Great job combining both the embossing techniques! Your first card looks perfectly stunning. Just love the red lips! Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fran! Welcome to the ATCAS team and Happy 2021 to you! I love your take on the prompembossed t! The postage border is amazing and I love the rich red you chose for the lipstick, too ~ Fabulous card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, I love the embossing and the position of the "lips" and that fabulous xo stamp is fabulous. Gorgeous CAS card
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning card.
    - Joy Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card! It's gorgeous. I can feel the love being sent.

    ReplyDelete