Saturday, February 20, 2021

TIME FLIES...

 This is the first Saturday for quite some time that I've had the time to come into my craft room/office to play with my stamps and paper. Where does the time fly off to? 

We've had some troubles over the past few months with our beloved Sara. She turned 14 last month and it seems that 14 is ancient for a Labrador retriever. In addition to difficulties with her hips, she's slipping into "doggie dementia" and walks in counterclockwise circles. It's almost a full-time project to just keep an eye on her to prevent her from urinating in the house (which she has never done in the 13 years we've been privileged to have her). We have our good days and we have our bad days,

So it seemed natural to want to give myself a bit of a break and do something up-lifting like making cards and entering challenges. In the interest of the symbolizing of "time flying" here is my first card of the morning:



I love this butterfly stamp from Kaiser Kraft. I bought it back in September of 2019 (you know, that year before the entire world started falling apart) to make my retirement announcements. Here is that project. 

I stamped the image twice - once with navy ink on white cardstock and again with white embossing powder on navy cardstock. Then I cut a strip of the embossed navy and glued it over the top of the white and then die-cut the rectangle and popped it up with foam backing. The tiny sentiment is a new Hero Arts "Hero Greetings" acrylic set that caught my eye. You'll see another sentiment from that set on my next post. The envelope was made from a sheet of German paper by Alexandra Renke. 

I made this card so I could participate in challenge #473 at Freshly Made Sketches



February 23, 2021:





 

 

4 comments:

  1. This is such a WOW card! I love the detail on this gorgeous butterfly and how the contrast of the two colors makes it pop. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous the way that you have that beautiful butterfly across the panels! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've outdone yourself with that gorgeous butterfly! and that outstanding stamping job! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete