Monday, April 12, 2021

DAY 7!!

And the final day of my personal challenge to create a card every day for a week! I've never tried this before and it is a bit intense, so I'll be taking a couple of days off to get my creative space back into its original upright position. 

Yesterday was a great day spent with old friends that I haven't seen for more than a year - what a welcome change! We have all had our COVID vaccines so we'll be getting together again soon.

Freshly renewed after a relaxing Sunday and a normal night's sleep (our beloved lab Sara is really failing right now and not allowing us much sleep - we have our good days and we have our bad days but last night she slept through the night), I decided to go with the latest Just Us Girls challenge for inspiration. This one - Trend Week #579, "Use more than 1 stencil" - was quite challenging since I have done very little stenciling and have only a couple of stencils.


I had this idea to do a tagged sentiment that is integral with the card rather than just making a printed tag and mounting it on the card. It was probably a case of going around the block to get to the other side of the street, because it turned into a very complex puzzle to solve. For the flower stencil I used a Tim Holtz mini stencil (Set 10). The stencil actually has 3 flower stems on it so I had to mask off the other 2 and then did additional masking to make the roses 2 tones of pink and the stems and leaves 2  tones of green. After that I stenciled Tim Holtz "Dot Fade" #TH5006 with Hero Arts Shadow Ink "Butter Bar". Then I die cut the larger tag (Stampin' Up "Framelits Chalk Talk") from the face of the card and trimmed off 3/4" on the left side. The smaller black sentiment is a smaller tag mounted to the face of the card and then the larger tag/frame was cut for multiple layers so it would be raised from the card face. This puzzle I set for myself was quite a pain in the butt! I won't be trying that again any time soon.

But I'm now finished with my 7-day personal challenge - HA! if only I had the same discipline with my weight!

"Just Us Girls" Challenge: Just Us Girls Challenge #579 - Trend Week



 

1 comment:

  1. You've created an absolutely gorgeous card! Definitely time well-invested in puzzling out all the details! WOW! Thank you for sharing this gem in the JUGS gallery! Sending hugs for your Sara...big hugs!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete