Sunday, April 11, 2021

DAY 6 - TWO QUARTERS + RAINBOW

This morning I decided to tackle the current AAA CAS Cards Game #187 - Two Quarters + optional rainbow. Whew - they know how to complicate things over at AAA Cards Challenge while requiring lots of white space! My card today has maximum white space while keeping the color and sentiment to the left half of the card.


I stamped the sentiment in Memento's "Tuxedo Black" ink with PTI's "Beautiful Butterflies". After stamping I passed the card stock through a Darice embossing folder to suggest rain. Then I cut the stock into quarters and mounted them to a plain white backer and black mat. The butterflies are die cut individually in rainbow colors using an old butterfly edge die that I'm not sure I've ever used.


A little later we're heading over to see a small group of friends and to watch the finals of The Masters golf tournament. We're all now safely vaccinated and while Hal sees these people daily (colleagues of his), I haven't seen any of them for over a year. I'm not a big golf fan but I'm really looking forward to a bit of social contact.

I'll be back tomorrow with my 7th day of cards!


AAA Cards: Game #187 - Two Quarters + optional twist Rainbows



 

3 comments:

  1. Adore this creation! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I definitely see the quarters on your card and I love the rainbow of butterflies cascading down over two of them. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Fran and I hope you enjoyed your day out! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete