Saturday, April 24, 2021

STARS & STRIPES

It probably seems silly to be thinking about my 4th of July cards already, but when I saw Karren's CAS sketch for Freshly Made Sketches #482 it looked like the perfect opportunity to utilize this layout for stars and stripes. Plus, starting my cards this soon means I won't end up in a crunch at the last minute. While I made the custom envelope for this initial card, I'll probably purchase blue or white #10 envelopes and line them with red stripes.


This card was made by first cutting and mounting a strip of red and white striped printed paper from my stash and stamping the sentiment from PTI's "Red, White & Blue" set with their "Enchanted Evening" dye ink. Then the only thing left was to overlap the stars die (don't remember whose it is), cut it out from the face, and layer it for dimension. Then this was all mounted to a folded slim-line card, slipping a small piece of blue cardstock underneath the open star - very easy and CAS. 



We're looking forward to a moderately normal July 4th celebration this year, since all of our extended family members (except the children) have now been vaccinated. My son and his family usually take their annual vacation around the 4th of July and they always reserve a cabin, a year in advance, at one of  our local lakes. We all gather on that day and stay for the evening fireworks display put on by the lake resort. 

Freshly Made Sketches: Freshly Made Sketches #482 - A Sketch by Karren




Added April 27, 2021:





6 comments:

  1. I don't typically make cards for the 4th of July, but I'm a huge fan of red, white, and blue---as well as stars! Love this card! Just scrolled through your posts and love your CAS style. You've inspired me to start thinking about embellishing my envelopes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your r/w/b design! So perfect for the Fourth! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card! Love how you used to the sketch to create a 4th of July card! Looks perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous clean and modern design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome use of the sketch! This is an impressive July 4th card!

    ReplyDelete