Saturday, April 24, 2021

ADDICTED TO CAS #196 - SKY

The current Addicted to CAS challenge #196 is up now. This is a fun choice of code word by our hostess Vicky! "Sky" opens up all kinds of opportunities for creative expression. I don't have a specific use yet for this card, but I'm sure I'll find one.




About a month ago, while browsing one of my favorite shops, I came across this whole Simple Stories collection of stamp and papers - Simple Vintage Great Escape - that I couldn't resist. I started with cutting a curve stencil and blending the bottom of a white card that I had already die-cut with the stitched cloud die (I think Lawn Fawn) with PTI dye inks "Pinefeather" and ""New Leaf". Then I added a line of stitches from Bo Bunny's "Stitches" stamp because I thought it looked like a fence or trail. The Simple Stories "Great Escape" stamp set came with a small row of 5 tree silhouettes that I repeated across the bottom in the same PTI inks. I added the sentiment in Pinefeather and the birds in black. I layered this piece with another cloud and mounted both pieces onto a backing that had been color blended in PTI "Spring Rain" ink and trimmed each side slightly to mount onto a card base.

The envelope is lined with one of the papers from the collection.

I'm sure you will all find lots of beautiful and creative ways to use Vicky's code word! Have at it!!



 
     


1 comment:

  1. Love how you used the cloud die cuts! Looks quite fabulous.

    ReplyDelete