Tuesday, April 20, 2021

DIAMONDS ARE A DOG'S BEST FRIEND

Oh, please forgive the terrible pun! Today's card is in response to Less is More Challenge #441 -  One Layer, "Diamonds". The card has to be only one later, and absolutely no embellishments.




Currently I've been challenging myself to dive deeply into my stash and use old stamps and materials. And this card is a very deep dive! I have a number of very old clear stamps in my stash that I probably picked up in clearance bins for $1.00. The larger green Argyle pattern used for the background is from a very small set that also included the sentiment. The scotty is from an old dog set and it was a huge surprise to see that the same diamond/Argyle pattern appears on his coat in miniature. I hadn't started out making a Father's Day card, but why not?  

I started this card by stamping the sentiment and scotty together, masking off the tiny collar. Then I made a mask of  the dog and stamped the diamond pattern twice in PTI's "New Leaf" dye ink and added little black dots with one of my drawing pens. I then masked off the entire card and stamped the little red collar. I put a metallic gold medallion on the collar by inking just the medallion with a VersaMarker water mark pen and heat embossing it with gold powder. The final step was to blind emboss a rectangular stitched die to give the card some dimension. The manufactured A2 envelope is lined with some 20 lb bond stamped repeatedly with the little 3-diamond Argyle element.


 

3 comments:

  1. I think I have that same Inkadinkado dog set!! Cracking make with him too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Fran and I love the dimension you have achieved with the die! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and fun! Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Less is More

    ReplyDelete