Monday, April 19, 2021

HELLO

Combining two challenges today with this card - CASology #388 "Hello" and AAA Cards CAS Game #188 "One Inch Strip + Optional Small Stamps".  And I had so much fun with this combination! 


I started with a kraft A2 card base by masking off 1" with washi tape and stamping an overall rose pattern in PTI "Smokey Shadow" within the 1" strip. Then I got out my Copic markers and started having fun coloring. I used YR24 Pale Sepia for the rose centers, W4 Warm Gray 4 on the leaves and stems, and filled in the background with W8 Warm Gray 8. I used a white Prismacolor pencil for the highlights on the petals and came back in with white gel pen for the dots in the centers of the flowers. When this was all completed I overprinted a PTI sentiment with white heat embossing. 


I went searching in my stash for a black A2 envelope but didn't find one so I made one and lined it with 20 lb white bond stamped with the rose stamp and PTI's "Smokey Shadow" die ink and filled in the rose centers with my Copic marker. I have this thing about wanting to always match an envelope to my cards - if I'm going to go to the trouble to make a handmade card, well why not carry it to the next step? Am I revealing my OCD tendencies?

Sending this on to:

CASology: Week 388: HELLO

 





Added May 9, 2021:




5 comments:

  1. Stunning! How stylish and gorgeous is your card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spotted this on the AAA Cards entries - very eye-catching. Wonderful idea to do the negative colouring on the strip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love that darker floral strip against the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing this card on the CASology Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW! Love it! So beautiful in kraft and the combination of colors. A splendid card. Thank you for joining us with your creative take to an inch strip, at AAA Cards. Hugs~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete