Next week our grandtwins will be celebrating their 17th birthdays! I used the opportunity of a couple of challenges to make my granddaughter's card - Seize the Birthday "No Stamps Dies Only" and Tic,Tac Toe Challenge. Her brother's card is HERE.
I wanted to do a card that was dramatic color-wise and decided on black with white and bright pinks - I already had a 6" square bright pink irridescent vellum envelope in my stash that I wanted to use, so I started with that. I made a 5-1/2" square card base with black cardstock and a slightly smaller square panel. I used a 1" wide embossing strip on the top panel to add some dimension and to ground the numbers (PTI die set that I always use for the birthday numbers on my grandkids' cards). I attached this panel with a glitter cardstock mat to the card base. To make the numbers I selected a black and white printed lightweight paper that I glued to heavier stock, die cut, and ayyached them to the card. The Spellbinders bow was die cut twice with two colors of glitter bright cardstocks and layered over the numbers, along with a die cut "Happy" from my stash.
The final step was to line the existing pink vellum envelope with the black and white printed paper to tie everything together.
The glitter cardstock shows up a bit better with this enlarged photo above.
For the Seize the Birthday Challenge, there is no stamping on this card - only dies!
Seize the Birthday: Seize the Birthday #333-No Stamping Dies Only
TTTC300 - Featured Designer Rosanne - Tic Tac Toe Challenge
AND SPEAKING OF CATS (which we weren't), I just changed the number of cats listed in my Profile from six to seven. This is getting a bit insane and I think perhaps I've passed the threshhold for how many cats you can have to qualify as a "crazy old cat lady"!! Last fall one of our kitties, Tux, ran out of the house and joined the other 11 feral cats in the feral cat community that we feed. Once out of the house, he would have nothing to do with us and seemed perfectly happy to stay outside - even through some pretty extreme temperature changes during the winter. While he was lodging himself on our patio, another cute little black character showed up and boldly came into the house to disrupt everything. We named her Bon Bon and had her vaccinated and spayed and she is now a permanent part of the household. Fast forward to yesterday, and Tux has been taking more interest in looking into the house and letting us pet him. Last night he finally came back in and this morning worked his way back into the morning inside cat-feeding frenzy. He appears to be sticking around for a while - at least until the next time he decides to take a runner. So we are now officially living with seven cats - YIKES!


No comments:
Post a Comment