Thursday, October 24, 2024

FEATHER

We have a new challenge at Seize the Birthday starting today and the special topping is "Feather". I actually had to go in search of a new stamp/die set for this challenge, although I suppose I could have made it a lot easier on myself by designing something with a bird on it! And before I got this finished, one of my cats ate one of the feather stamps. (I know because I found a small portion of it under the dining room table.)

Except for the feather, all of the papers, dies, stamps, and gems came out of my stash. The new stamp/die set is from Crafter's Companion (Heavenly Boho Feathers")The card base was already folded and in my pink drawer - along with the printed paper. I die cut a stitched rectangular panel from the printed paper, mounted it to a white mat, and attached it to the face of the pink card. I die cut the fancy white frame from white card stock and mounted a second layer to the face of the frame and stamped it in PTI "Autumn Rose" with a sentiment from PTI's "Star Prints". I white heat embossed the feather image onto pink vellum and die cut it. I attached the embossed feather to an additional vellum layer and creased it a bit for some dimension. I attached the sentiment and feather to the printed panel and added 3 clear rhinestones. 


I hope you join us in this challenge! I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up for this topping!




On a personal note: My son and his family have just returned from a family vacation in Italy and Switzerland. While my son has had many great travel opportunities when growing up, the rest of the family has never been out of the country. Chris built the vacation around meeting up with his dad and step-mom in Switzerland - he and his wife were on a river cruise up the Rhine and got off in Basel, Switzerland. They all spent a couple of days together in Lucerne and then Chris and family flew home from Zurich. Chris wanted to introduce his family to the family in Alba, Italy where he spent some time during a high school exchange and then again between years at the university. They had a fabulous time and texted photos to us from all of their stops. This photo is from their 3 days in Zermatt - you'll notice that the Matterhorn is conspicuously photo-bombing the picture! 



2 comments:

  1. Love the feather stamped on vellum! It goes perfectly with the soft colors of your card. Bummer about the 4-legged eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card in lovely soft colors with the printed paper and vellum feather. You'd think as much as I love birds I'd have some feathers but, nope. I'm sorry you lost a stamp to your cat. It sounds like something my dog would do. She eats everything she gets her mouth on.

    ReplyDelete