Sunday, October 20, 2024

GHOSTLY GREETINGS

I know I said I was finished with Halloween cards, but here I am with one more because of The Paper Players PP712 "Tag, you're it!" Leanne chose to make this a CAS challenge, and I've hardly ever been one to turn down a CAS challenge.


Starting with a black A2 card base, I glued on a panel of printed cobweb paper. I die cut a stitched rectangle over the cobwebs after white heat embossing the sentiment from LDRS Creative "Wicked". I die cut a PTI tag in black card stock and die cut a pumpkin face from near the center. I tied the tag with baker's twines and raffia and attached it to the face of the card with black dimensional foam.

The final step was to make a coordinating envelope out of the red-orange paper and line it with my last ever scrap of black and white cobweb paper.



This took ages, but was really quite easy to make - the time drain was trying to adjust the color of the photograph. I use my cellphone to photograph my cards and I've complained in the past about the difficulty with color saturation. This paper is red-orange, but photographed bright lipstick red and it took me quite a while to adjust the color to make it anywhere near the original paper color - it's still not quite orange enough, but I finally just gave up!






2 comments:

  1. Orange or pink... it's perfectly cute either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Such a fun idea to diecut the face from the tag and those cute little words peeking through make for a super-cute sentiment! Thanks for playing with my CAS tag challenge this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete