Thursday, October 17, 2024

AUTUMN LEAVES

There's been a wealth of potential autumn challenges of late and I sat down over the weekend to use up some of my old autumn printed papers and a pile of brown cardstock that has been languishing on my shelves for a couple of years. I made several cards with the same layout, but changed out various scraps to make different combinations. By the time I got around to photographing my work, a couple of the challenges had closed, but still open are Inkspirational Challenge #326 - Mood Board and The Paper Players Color Challenge #PP711 - Shades of Orange & Brown.



I used one of my favorite autumn sentiments from Impression Obsession (#WP684 "Leaf Set") and stamped it in PTI "Dark Chocolate" on various pieces of ivory and cream papers that I had die cut with a fancy framed die (don't know the manufacturer because I've had it for so long). Then I die cut several stitched rectangular panels of printed papers and matted them each and attached to the face of mostly brown card bases - well, one is on a base of PTI "Ocean Tides" card stock. The leaves were all die cut using Spellbinders "Autumn Wonder" #S6-220 and small scraps from my paper drawers. I pulled some silk thread through one of the leaves with a sequin and tied it off before attaching to the face of the card. This was such an easy card to duplicate, that I believe I'll make a bunch more over the next month.

In these photos I shot them in pairs based on the background papers. It was a task to make these photos, as the light is low today:








 The Paper Players: PP711 - A Colour Challenge from Joanne



2 comments:

  1. Oh, Fran! These are absolutely stunning! This is gorgeous paper, and this layout certainly shows it off! It is great to see your fabulous work in the gallery! I am so glad you played with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete