Tuesday, October 15, 2024

OCTOBER MID-MONTH TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE

And here we are - zeroing in on the final two weeks of October and Halloween 2024! If you have been following along with us on the challenges, you could have made 24 or more cards since last October! That's how many we at TOB have each made for your inspiration. 

This time around I decided to go with the creepy graveyard scene in the lower left quadrant, except that I couldn't find a suitable cauldron. I decided to clear away some old scraps from years ago and try my hand at a sort of 3D card.

This printed paper featured a fenced graveyard along the bottom of the paper. If you look closely you'll also see faded skeletons rising up from the graveyard as a background - very creepy! I love to fussy cut, so I got out my little scissors and started cutting. I double-layered the tombstones over the base piece and inserted some black cardstock zombie hands behind the first layer. The base rectangle I cut was too large to use on a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card, so I opted for an A7 size and had this awkward space on the width of the card. I filled it with a sentiment from an old Inkadinkado stamp set.

I custom-made a sort-of coordinating envelope from double-sided American Crafts "Happy Halloween" 12x12 stack. I can't imagine this card, with all of the layers, would make it through the mail, so I'll probably hand-deliver it.

And here's our mood board for ideas - or you can submit anything Halloween:

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge: October 2024 Mid Month Reminder

                                            

AND, don't forget that we have two drawings for these great Halloween stickers and stamp sets when we reach 25 entrees - so as you submit more projects, your chances of winning one of them increases!






No comments:

Post a Comment