Thursday, October 10, 2024

SEIZE THE BIRTHDAY!

I'm very pleased to announce that I was invited to be Surprise Party Guest over at Seize the Birthday Challenge for the months of October and November! This is my second guest appearance there this year, but this time I get to stick around for a while longer and I feel really honored.


So, I have on my party hat and I'm ready to go! Today's word is "Dots", and I decided to try out something that I do rarely - to create my own background card stock using repetitive images. I'm not sure why I do this so rarely, because it really is fun.

This card was created specifically for my daughter-in-law's niece - a lovely young woman who just happens to share a birthday with me! On white card stock, I stamped one of the images from Park Lane (#1967-8572) repeatedly with PTI "Fine Linen" and then added the dots with a single tiny dot stamp with PTI "Sweet Blush". Once the background panel was completed, I die cut it with a stitched rectangular die and added a stitched opening and glued this to a card base of pale pink. I stamped the sentiment from an old PTI stamp set "Friends to the End" with some slightly darker pink ink, die cut it, matted it with the same card stock, and glued it to the center of the opening. The second butterfly image is from the same stamp set by Park Lane, and I stamped her on the pink cardstock with the same ink as the sentiment and fussy cut her out. Before attaching her to the face of the card, I glued on a sequin and pulled silk thread through her body and the sequin, tying it off with a knot.

I created some more background paper on white with PTI dots, stamped in Sweet Blush, and cut it to fit inside a custom envelope.


I hope you'll have many occasions to join me during the next 2 months!

Seize the Birthday: Seize The Birthday #293-Dots



1 comment:

  1. What a pretty background you have created Fran. So soft and lovely. It is so nice having you as our Surprise Party Guest for the next couple of months at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete