Monday, October 7, 2024

GRATEFUL

I've been mulling ideas for my Thanksgiving cards and kept going back to one I did last year and then never sent out. I just didn't get my act together, and anyway it would have been extra postage to send because of the square format, size, and extra layers and I didn't want to pay the extra. So this year I've been rethinking last year's version. I have a stack of old woodgrain kraft card stock from another year and I was thinking that I would use it this year and see what I could do to play around with texture, keeping the colors to a neutral minimum.


I started with a 5x7 top-folded card base and messed with that a while but realized that there was something about the square format that just worked better with these fabulous Spellbinders mushrooms. So I trimmed the card down to a 5x5 and it will now fit into kraft A7 envelopes that I already have on hand. I cut a smaller square and matted it with an ivory scrap. The PTI sentiment is white heat-embossed onto the front panel before adding the leaf swirl, which was over-stamped with VersaMark Watermark ink. Finally, the mushroom parts were die cut from the same woodgrain stock and off-white watercolor paper, assembled, and glued to the face.

I think I'll probably finish these off by binding a folded lightweight ivory paper leaf to the inside with a message. When I have them all finished, I'll put them into my gallery as the 2024 Thanksgiving card.

I thought to enter this in the current AAA Card Challenge #275 - "Anything CAS Goes/Autumn Colors". I think these are autumn colors.

 AAA Cards: AAA Card Challenge #275: Anything CAS Goes (Autumn)



3 comments:

  1. I like the monochromatic look! This is really cute, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the claming effect and gorgeous mushrooms. Thank you for playing at the AAA Colourful Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card with so much texture. Thank you for sharing your work with us on the AAA Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete