Monday, April 19, 2021

POPPY POST

 I think poppies are my favorite spring flower - especially California poppies, which I have growing all over my garden. I just let them reseed from year to year and they show up in areas that are always a surprise. I love their cheerful faces that close up at night and reopen with the morning sun. So, why don't I have any poppy stamp sets? I'll have to see to that!


So I improvised with a W+9 Studio "Botanical Bunch" stamp set. I die cut each of the stamp dies from white card stock and removed the rectangular centers and replaced them with Copic-colored centers and mounted them to a card face that was slightly smaller than 4-1/4" x 5-1/2". I white embossed the sentiment (PTI "Friends til the End") on black stock and mounted below the 3 stamp images. I then mounted this with some foam dimensional tape to the folded card base.


This "Pretty Poppy Post" paper magically showed up in my stash box! I think I had been waiting for years for a use for this paper, and I don't think it gets any better than this. I lined a white A2 envelope with it and stamped the sentiment on the back of the envelope from my new favorite stamp set - PhotoPlay SIS2150 "Made By Me".

I made this card specifically to enter in the current challenge at Fusion Card Challenge - "Poppies":


Fusion Card Challenge: FUSION - Poppies




Poppies in my garden a couple of years ago:


    

1 comment:

  1. Lovely take on the sketch! Great coloring too! Thanks for joining us over at The Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete