Sunday, April 18, 2021

SUNSHINE, WINE, AND CARDS

 What an incredible weekend it's been! Yesterday was sunny, almost 80 degrees, and slightly breezy. Early in the evening we had a couple of guests over originally for wine and cheese on our patio, and as the conversation kept going Hal made pizzas and they stayed on for dinner. It was a beautiful evening.

Earlier in the day, before going out and working to get the patio into shape for company, I made a card inspired by two different card challenges - Freshly Made Sketches #481 and Color Throwdown #638. It's always fun to combine challenges because it makes them that much more challenging.


 All three of these images are from a very ancient stamp set - it must have been the first clear stamp set I ever purchased and I have no idea whose it is. I stamped each of the images three times with PTI "Enchanted Evening" dye ink. I used my Copics to color each of the images alternating between blue, yellow, and green. My yellow Copic was a bit of a struggle as it's running out of ink. I then heat embossed "Happy" in navy and cut "Birthday" from a PTI die and layered it. I layered the front with yellow and navy mats and mounted on a white card base. Three blue sequins from my stash finished it off.

The die-cut birthday sentiment is pretty subtle and doesn't show well in photos. Here's a close-up:








It promises to be another beautiful day - you're welcome to join me this afternoon for a glass of wine on our patio. Pouring when it's 5:00 somewhere in the world!                     










1 comment:

  1. Wow, this card's a winner, for sure. Love the die-cut!

    ReplyDelete