Saturday, June 5, 2021

ADDICTED TO CAS - BEACH

It's time for a new challenge here at Addicted to CAS! Today's code word is brought to us by the "Simply Beautiful" Ceal. It's a great opportunity to get out all of those new summer "beachy" stamps and dies you've been stocking up on!  

I have to admit that I really didn't have anything in my stash, so I went shopping and picked up a couple of new Hero Arts Color Layering stamps. I haven't done much in the way of color layering but these Hero Arts CM316 and CM317 were great fun - so many images to choose from.


 

I decided to combine the beach layering image with a fun Tim Holtz die set that I've had for about a year but haven't really used. It's "Happy Hour" #664435. Now that I've officially broken it in, I can see that I'll be using it much more in the future.

I started with some blending of sky and sand and layered PTI die inks "Spring Rain", "Aqua Mist", and "Ocean Tides" (appropriately-named!) for the background image and then got the idea of repeating the same within the cocktail glass, so I stamped it twice so I could use it for the inside of the glass. I die-cut the glass from glossy photo paper and layered on all of the die-cut accessories included in the set, using some Ranger "Glossy Accents" on the ice cubes. I mounted the background scene to a 5-1/2" square card base and die cut an opening from an old die and stamped the sentiment with PTI's "Ocean Tides". Once all of the components were completed the final layering turned into an engineering challenge getting everything lined up properly.  






As I write this it's a long Memorial Day weekend here in the US and we're all thinking about summer vacation. With the pandemic appearing to have peaked here, restrictions have been eased a bit - here's hoping people don't get too careless so that we can continue to enjoy some freedoms away from face coverings.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute! That ocean looks REAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...I just noticed we are on this team together [sheesh! I am embarrassed] LOVE this card - the continuing onto the wine glass is fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card! The drink with detailed umbrella and lemon as well as the beach scene - my happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me want a tropical vacation.... sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever Fran! I love the way you've made it look as if you're looking at the sea through your drink. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete