Thursday, May 27, 2021

NAUGHTY KITTY!

Today's card is an homage to one of our favorite past kitties, William of Orange. That cat had so much personality that it could hardly be contained within his small body. He was such a naughty kitty, into everything. I immediately thought of him when I saw the current Color Throwdown #644 with all of the wonderful cats! I selected this slimline format for the Freshly Made Sketches #487 Challenge.


I used an old cat image from Inkadinkado, stamping him with Hero Arts Shadow Ink "Butter Bar" and adding whiskers and features with a fine Sharpie pen. Then I masked him off and printed all of the blobs and squiggly stuff with Memento "Gray Flannel" and added the yellow splatters from a Tim Holtz Halloween set and some paw prints from the Inkadinkado cats set. Finally, I used black embossing powder on the sentiment from Lawn Fawn's "Scriptly Sentiments". I mounted the white base with yellow and black mats onto a folded gray card, after which I added some more blobs to the right side of the card. I had this yellowish #10 envelope in my stash and I stamped another kitty image and sentiment from Photo Play #S152150 "Made By Me".


6 comments:

  1. Adorable cat and lovely splash and scribble collage! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card! I love that cat and the story of William! Love all the different elements on this fun card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your naughty kitty is a hoot! Such a fun card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just as sweet as can be! I love this homage to a sweet friend. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Your card is utterly brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I love the cat stamp and the sentiment with the splodges.
    Hugs,
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete