Saturday, May 22, 2021

HELLO SWEET FRIEND

I was inspired to create a card this morning for the latest Just Us Girls #585 - Photo Week. I searched through my stamp stash to find a Mason jar type arrangement and found this one from Impression Obsession ("Shades of Autumn" CL693). It's meant to be a vase of sunflowers but I decided they could stand in for daisies in a pinch. I stamped it with Memento "Tuxedo Black" dye ink, colored it with  markers and Prisma Color pencils, and fussy cut it out. I added a kraft paper collar on the vase and wrapped twine around it.


I die-cut a white cardstock with a stitched rectangle to provide a background for the vase. I stamped "sweet friend" (HA+Gina K PR401), which I cut away from the "hello") and embossed it in white on a kraft strip. Then I ran the strip through my Big Shot with a PTI texture plate to make it look like burlap. I mounted that on both the card base and the smaller rectangular die and stamped "hello" in black and added a strip of white lace paper to suggest a lace tablecloth. The fussy-cut vase was mounted with dimensional foam and three little tan pearls completed the card. Here's a closer look:





3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty bouquet! I love how you wrapped the twine around the vase collar. You did an amazing fussy cutting job. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete