Saturday, May 22, 2021

ADDICTED TO CAS - OMBRE

Back in my craft room again today after a week hiatus to take care of a lot of personal stuff. Barb is the current hostess for #198 "Ombre" - a technique I haven't used much. I approached it by blending two tones of green from dark to light (PTI "Pinefeather and "New Leaf" dye inks) onto a scrap of white card stock and die-cutting a single branch image from it (Penny Black "Airy" #51-423).


I die cut a 3-1/4" x 4" rectangle of white card stock with a stitched circle die opening. Using a small scrap of printed blue paper I stamped the sentiment from HA+Gina K "PR101" with the Pinefeather ink. I slipped the sentiment piece behind the circle cut-out and mounted it all on the folded card with dimensional foam. I then attached the branch and added a couple of white sequins and tiny clear gems. Very simple. Here's a closer look:


That's it from me for the day - now it's your turn! Just remember to keep it CAS and be sure to check out what the other design team members have done as they translate Barb's idea.

 

Addicted to CAS: Challenge #198



 
   

3 comments:

  1. I think this card is really clever, I love your ombre branch and your clever use of the circle frame and embellishments while keeping your card perfectly CAS, well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I meant to say, I am so sorry to hear about your dog, it is always so sad to lose a beloved pet, but they do leave lots of happy memories behind them xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, I love the soft colors and how you framed the focal element. Gorgeous card.
    BTW, so sorry about Sara. What a gorgeous photo you shared of her. Saying goodbye to our pets is always so hard
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete