Wednesday, July 28, 2021

TRIP AROUND THE SUN

When I saw Seize The Birthday #219 - "Travel" I wanted to participate, but couldn't come up with an idea. I really don't have any travel-related stamps or dies to speak of - other than one stamp set that's based on exploration, and I didn't think it would really work. But then I remembered this PTI sentiment from years ago and I thought I could use it. Wouldn't a 365-day trip around the sun count as travel?


The sentiment is from PTI's "Stylish Sentiments: Birthday". This stamp set has been in my collection for quite a few years and I've used it again and again because of the variety of sentiments in the set. I had to do some masking to open up the sentiment so that I could do a reverse strip through it. I won't tell you that wasn't tedious! After printing the black ink and adding the white heat-embossed strip I cut a circle die and used it for the sun background. I used a new blending brush I just purchased and I have to say I need some more experience with these to get an even blend! I stamped a sun image from Hero Arts #CM357 "Dream & Discover" in PTI "Orange Zest" dye ink, colored it with Tombow ABT Pro alcohol-based pens, fussy-cut it out, and mounted it over the blended circle with dimensional foam. Finally, I punched a hole in the black band and tied a small piece of ribbon from my stash and mounted all of this onto a white card base. I lined a white envelope with a scrap of paper from my "yellow" paper stash. 

And off to the Seize the Birthday challenge!


 Seize the Birthday: Seize the Birthday #219-Travel


 

2 comments:

  1. This is one CAS design that just grabs your attention right away! I adore it and the greeting! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday and the clever way you incorporated our topping! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun looks fantastic, love the vibrant yellows paired with the black and white sentiment, great take on the travel theme, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete