Sunday, August 22, 2021

TRICK OR TREAT

It's too smoky outside to work in the garden, so here I am this Sunday afternoon thinking about making Halloween cards. The current AAA Cards CAS Challenge #197 is "One Inch Strip + Optional Coloured Cardstock". This was so much fun that I might do some more with 1" strips since I have quite a few Halloween stamps that will fit within that format.


Onto a gray cardstock I stamped the haunted house from Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz "Haunted House" CMS308 with Memento Tuxedo Black then heat embossed the sentiment from Simple Stories "Boo Crew" #13820 with Zing! "Apricot embossing powder. The bats from one of  Tim Holtz's Halloween collections were heat embossed with black, although the shininess of the heat embossing doesn't show up in my photo. I finished it off by punching the end with a blood drip and inserting an orange punched piece, gluing the strip to a black textured cardstock. I think if I were to do this again I would stamp the house in a dark gray so that the bats would show up a bit more. The custom envelope is cut from some orange stock I had on-hand and lined with some lightweight skull paper. 

This layout has some promise as a preliminary thought about my personal Halloween cards. We'll see if I develop it further.


AAA Cards: Game #197 - One Inch Strip + optional twist Coloured Cardbase




Added on September 13, 2021:


Be sure to return on October 31st for my Guest Designer shot!

3 comments:

  1. I love the design of this wonderful Halloween card! Your handmade envelope is a perfect complement, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is superb! Love the use of the strip for Halloween. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOHH! I love the drama and that dripping strip.. adds the right amount of fright to it :D A great way to use an inch strip! Thank you for joining us at AAA Cards. Hugs~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete