Saturday, August 28, 2021

ADDICTED TO CAS #205 - NATURE

For our new two-week challenge Toni has selected "Nature" as the code word, giving us a large field of ideas to maneuver within! 

I've been thinking about my brother recently, and while it's easiest to just pick up the phone, I sometimes prefer to surprise the people I love with a card and personal note. He and most of his family live in West Virginia so we don't see each other very often - especially with the whole COVID thing. We lost our middle brother rather suddenly just a little less than a year ago so it seems particularly important to stay in touch. Given his love of the outdoors and all of nature I selected images that I thought he would respond to.


I find these tones of gray and gray-green to be very soothing and befitting Bill's calm mind and soul. I used Hero Arts CM316 "Color Layering Waves" and CM317 "Color Layering Sea & Sky for all of the images, stamping them in PTI "Soft Stone", "Smokey Shadow", and "Ocean Tides" and Memento "London Fog". I took a white Prismacolor pencil to the dolphin's tale to make it look submerged in the water and added a sentiment from HA+Gina K #PR101. Once that was completed I wanted to highlight the main images and sentiment a bit more so I die-cut them from one of my Lawn Fawn stitched rectangles and popped it out with some dimensional foam and adhered it to a PTI "Ocean Tides" cardstock for the base.


This close-up shows the sequins and dots I attached last. This card was a bit larger than normal so I had to make a custom envelope for it by adjusting one of my Anna Griffin envelope templates.

Well, given Toni's generous choice for a subject matter, there are lots of ideas for all of you to explore. Have fun, but keep it clean and simple! 

Addicted to CAS: Challenge #205 - Nature



3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! Wow, I love every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is amazing!! I LOVE that scene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very interestingly designed card. A wonderful inspiration.
    Thank you for your comment on my blog. Thanks to this, I found your blog, and here are so many amazing cards. I love your cards
    BożenA xx

    ReplyDelete