Sunday, August 29, 2021

THE BEGINNING OF "BIRTHDAY SEASON"

In our family the month of September is our "Birthday Season". It starts off on the 9th with the grandtwins' big day, followed by Hal's on the 17th, mine on the 25th, and our son's wedding anniversary on the 29th. In between those days are various other family/friends' birthdays, which makes the whole month very celebratory.

It's hard to believe that those two twin-souls (Alexis and Colin) will be 12 soon! They were born on 9/09/09, which has always felt rather auspicious. They have just finished their first week of middle school. They go to the same school where Hal teaches so, while he teaches in the high school and they are in the middle school, he sees them on campus nearly every day and always gets hugs. Not a bad thing in the course of one's day!


 

Today I set out to make a birthday card for Alexis, jumping off from the latest Freshly Made Sketches #500. I decided to try the sketch out as a slimline card and chose to use 4 different patterned papers from my scrap bin. My granddaughter has always loved to mix patterns in her clothing so this seemed appropriate for her. I used the same number dies by PTI for this card as the one I made for her brother, which you can see here. After gluing the patterned elongated rectangles onto a pale pink folded card, I wrapped a strip of striped paper on which I had white heat embossed the sentiment around to the other side so I can insert a gift card there. I had punched holes all of the way through the layers and tied the strip on with some pink and white bakers twine and glued on three die-cut hearts. 

I'm sending this over to Freshly Made Sketches #500.

Freshly Made Sketches: Freshly Made Sketches #500 - A Decade of Sketch Inspiration

 


2 comments:

  1. Lots happening for you to celebrate in September! Love the pink! Glad you joined us at FMS for our 500th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the sweet papers you used! Perfect for a 12-year old! Thank you for playing along with our 500th sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete