Saturday, July 17, 2021

ADDICTED TO CAS "GEOMETRIC"

It's time for a new Addicted to CAS challenge! The very talented Vicki is our host this week and she has chosen "Geometric" for us to play with.

I've been away from my craft desk and supplies for a couple of weeks and it feels good to be jumping back into the fun. It's stacking up to be a much busier summer than I had anticipated and I find that when I can steal a couple of moments for myself I prefer to take a nap!

For this challenge I chose to make a birthday card for my grandson for his 12th birthday in early September. (I'll use another challenge sometime soon to encourage me to make his twin sister's card.)

I landed on squares, rectangles, and a circle for my geometric shapes. It was pure happenstance that this red and white striped paper lined up perfectly with some black and white checkered paper in my stash. I just glued the checkers and stripes to the bottom of a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" folded white card and stamped the sentiment from PTI's "Doodle Do" in Memento "Tuxedo Black" dye ink. I cut out a circle of black cardstock and die cut the numbers from PTI and layered them on. Done!

It's now your turn - just remember to keep your card clean and simple and let all of the designers know if you like their designs.


Addicted to CAS: Challenge #202 - Geometric





  

2 comments:

  1. Love that you used paper for the challenge -- what an excellent boy card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the nap!!!! I think your grandson is going to love this card. So many wonderful uses of geometric shapes!
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete