Saturday, July 3, 2021

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

The new Addicted to CAS challenge is #201 "Christmas", hosted by Nancy. Under other circumstances I would welcome a change of pace and the first Christmas card of the year, but can you imagine how difficult it is to be creating a Christmas card when the temperature is a record-breaking 115 degrees F? It's even hotter than that north of here in Portland.


I used some old PTI images for the stamping on this card. The bow is inked with PTI "Ripe Avocado" with their "Ribbon and Bows" stamp set. For the sentiment I used their "Season's Greetings" and gold heat embossed most of it, but used "Pure Poppy" ink on the last line. I added a little image from Impression Obsession's "Holiday Words" #CL971, fussy-cutting the berries from a scrap of red card stock. When all of the inking was completed I ran the card through my Big Shot with a square die to make a blind embossed box. I had cut this card into a 5" square of Strathmore watercolor paper card sets. To get an envelope that fit, I disassembled one of the matching Strathmore envelopes, cut it to size, reassembled it, and lined it with lightweight red iridescent vellum.

Well, have some fun with Nancy's "Christmas" theme. And for any of you here in the Pacific Northwest, do stay cool and safe!  

Addicted to CAS: Challenge #201 - Christmas

 


 

1 comment: