Friday, June 25, 2021

DREAM & DISCOVER

This is my final week as Guest Designer with Just Us Girls. It's been a privilege and fun, not to mention a stretch of my skills on more than one occasion! This week's challenge is Photo Week #590 with a very interesting dream-like painting. There are so many wonderful possibilities with this photo and I'm anxious to see what everyone else did with it.

I just happen to have this Hero Arts 45th anniversary stamp set with an image of planets that in my mind was perfect for what I wanted to create. Well, to be honest, I wasn't sure what I wanted to create, just that I wanted to use this image. 




The image was clearly oval in shape so I decided to heat emboss it in dark blue on blue-gray card stock and then die cut it with a stitched oval die. I added some Prismacolor pencil to the planets and white gel pen to the stars. When I considered how I might use the sentiment (from the same stamp set), I remembered some vellum in my stash that had metallic specks in it and chose to heat emboss it onto the vellum with Stampendous embossing powder in "Penny Copper". Having done that, I thought I needed a bit of the copper embossing on the planets as well for balance. I mounted a square of blue gray textured card stock onto a square white card base and layered a white stitched oval and the blue gray oval with the planet image onto the face. I then wrapped the torn vellum sentiment around the fold of the card and bound all of the layers together with beading thread and beads. My cellphone photo just could not do justice to the copper tones on this card.

Again, I want to express my appreciation to the Design Team at Just Us Girls for letting me play with them for the month!

 


 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely inspired card! I do love the sentiment on the torn vellum -- goes perfectly with your "night time". Thanks so much for joining us this month at Just Our Girls Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, it's been so fun to have you guest this month! Loved all your inspiring creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on our photo challenge Fran. So unusual and so eye catching. Love the embosssed vellum. Thanks for sharing your talent with us this month a JUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this image stretched everyone, Fran, but you met the challenge and made an absolutely inspired card. The sentiment on vellum adds to the ethereal feel and adding copper to the planets was a great touch. Thanks for being such a creative guest designer this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the planets and stars, especially the touches of copper and the sentiment on the vellum strip looks fabulous. Thank you for joining us this past month with all of your amazing creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so cool! I love your take on the inspiration photo. Thanks for being such a great guest at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beauty! This image is gorgeous and I love the embossed sentiment over torn the vellum. Thanks so much for being such a creative guest last month.

    ReplyDelete