Friday, June 25, 2021

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

I just finished my 4th of July cards and have them all ready to send out starting tomorrow. I made an edition of 27 this year and used the same design that I created here for Freshly Made Sketches #482. But in the interest of ease, and so it wouldn't cost so much to mail, I decided to simplify the card by eliminating the dimensional foam.


I usually sign and date the back of all of my cards. I've been tossing around the idea of having a custom stamp made with my blog address but haven't done that yet. If anyone knows of a good source, please pass it on! In the meantime I usually stamp a small image that relates to the season and sign and date. this one is a tiny little cupcake that I've had for years that I stamped in PTI's "Blueberry Skies" and colored in the red stripes with a felt-tip pen.


We're going into this weekend with record-breaking temperatures - it's supposed to get up to 112 on Sunday! COVID-wise, here in Oregon things seem to be finally getting back to normal. The governor is lifting all of the old restrictions when Oregon reaches 70% vaccination levels or June 30th, whichever comes sooner. This is really good news for my son who owns a restaurant. He's been struggling with trying to cope with a 50% occupancy ruling. During the periods when his restaurant had to close he used the time to study and take the real estate test so he is now licensed as a realtor if he has to have a fallback position. 

Well, I hope everyone stays cool this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment