Saturday, June 19, 2021

JUST US GIRLS - COLOR WEEK #589

The week from hell! The week started with preparations for a large interior design concept presentation on Tuesday afternoon and then all of the follow-up correspondence and ordering of new finish samples. It's also Hal's last week of school AND his car decided to crap out, so I was shuttling him back and forth to work. Enough complaints about my first world problems!

This is color week at Just Us Girls and it's being brought to you by the colors Orange, Poppy Red, and Hot Pink - three very festive colors - so I decided to do a birthday card. While rifling through my stash of older rubber stamps I can across this sentiment from Riley & Company "Funny Bones" #RWD-187.




I started by stamping two cupcakes from a VERY old birthday stamp set with PTI's "Pure Poppy" on a pre-cut stitched rectangle of white card stock. I also stamped it onto some PTI "Hibiscus Burst" small dotted paper and fussy-cut the frosting to glue onto the cupcakes. I then stamped the confetti image in PTI's "Orange Zest" on both the rectangle and the folded card stock and added a Tim Holtz splatter in Hibiscus Burst. I stamped the sentiment in Memento's "Tuxedo Black" and mounted the rectangle to a poppy-colored mat. I added scraps of printed hot pink and orange strips along the bottom, punched holes in the rectangle, threaded orange twine through the holes, and mounted all of this onto the card base with dimensional foam. I finished by tying a bow with the twine and attaching some hot pick punched stars and a couple of orange gems for the candle flames (which show up as black in this photo).  

So I'm hoping you'll all enjoy this challenge and will take a try at it!




8 comments:

  1. Super fun celebratory card! I love the added stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that funny sentiment! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this sentiment!!!! Such a great card Fran! Hope your week gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Those cupcakes are adorable and I really like the splattering of stars and splatters across the background and card base. Great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YUM! how scrumptious those cupcakes look Fran. Fabulous layout and what a super sentiment. I think we will all go with that one! Nice envelope to tuck that gorgeous card in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So festive, Fran, and I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super festive and cheerful take on the color palette! Those cupcakes are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that sentiment! Made me laugh (but it's true!)! Love your cute card and how you used the fun colors!

    ReplyDelete