Friday, June 18, 2021

SENDING SUNSHINE

Addicted to CAS #200, hosted by Sue, is "Sun" - very appropriate for a sunny day! Unfortunately large swaths of the US are suffering under record-breaking heat. One of my close friends in Las Vegas reports that she's expecting it to be 115 F by 5:00 today. Those of you on the metric system can do the math - it's significantly higher than 30 C, which I always think of as the level where the temperature starts to become unpleasant. 

Every once-in-a-while a card comes so easily that I think there's something wrong. This is one of those times, but rather than second-guess myself I'm just going to put it out there. I thought to combine two challenges - Addicted to CAS and Freshly Made Sketches. I really don't have a stamp with a sun so I made due by using what I think is supposed to be a sort of Renaissance style compass rose from a new to me set - Hero Arts #CM357 from their 45th Anniversary set with throwback images from 1974. I stamped the sun in PTI "Orange Zest" onto a light yellow cardstock, colored it with alcohol markers, and then fussy-cut it to eliminate all of the stars between the sun rays that are on the original image. 


I cut a panel of blue paper and stamped the clouds from Hero Arts Color Layering with Hero Arts "Unicorn" pigment ink and Ranger "Stormy Sky" distress ink. I matted the panel with navy card stock and attached it to a folded white card. The sentiment is from PTI's "Doodle Doo" stamp set that I heat embossed in white on navy blue. I glued it and the sun to the card and applied yellow enamel dots. All done!

Be sure to check out what the other designers have created and have a go at it yourself!



I'm also entering this into the Freshly Made Sketches #490:






6 comments:

  1. I love the bright pop of the yellow sun with the blue! Pretty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loving this Fran - and the 70s are such a big trend at the moment so look at you leading the way! Your sunshine is so resourceful and it works perfectly with that style of cloud. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your sun image, Fran! Terrific design. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sun and clouds! So fun! Love that sentiment as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pop of yellow! So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sun and the addition of the clouds behind them is a genius touch. Fabulous card, Fran!
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete