Friday, June 11, 2021

JUST US GIRLS - TREND WEEK

WHEW! This week's Just Us Girls Challenge is for a card with NO stamping! I didn't realize how much I use stamps to set the message of my cards until this challenge. I did a very deep dive into my stash to see what I could find that could be used for a card, and although I have a number of word dies, I decided not to use any of them and instead go with a quote sentiment from an old Graphic 45 "Kraft Reflections Collection" as the basis of my card.


I started with an ivory watercolor paper that I blind embossed a rectangular die on and attached it to one of the print papers from the Graphic 45 as a mat and added one of the quotes. I selected one of the sillier cut-out figures from Tim Holtz "Idea-ology Group Paper Dolls" and mounted her to the face with dimensional foam. Then I die cut some tiny ivory hearts and glued one to her shirt and three at the end of the quote. This was then all mounted onto a dark brown 6"x 6" folded card base. That's just about as simple as it gets, but I think it took me hours to make this card!

The process of making a CAS card always seems to take me more time than one that is less simple, because I put all of the elements together and then start editing. How much can I take away from the design but still maintain the purity of the idea?

These are the instructions for this week's challenge and I challenge you to try it!


"Just Us Girls" Challenge: Just Us Girls Challenge #588 - Trend Week



8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous non-stamping card you've made with your Graphic 45 and TH doll! Definitely captures my CAS-loving heart! Another inspiring work of art from you!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your no stamping card! So glad to have you with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You pulled off the vintage look perfectly, Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job - and yes, I can relate to how long this might have taken. I had to give up scrapbooking because of this! This looks quite a challenge and I'll try to join in :)
    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the avenue you took to complete your vintage card! Such a great idea! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on our no stamping challenge Fran. There is always something found when we dive into old stash. Wonderful find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation! I love the Tim Holtz paper doll paired with the Graphic 45 quote and the addition of the little hearts.

    ReplyDelete