Friday, June 11, 2021

TIME TO UNPLUG

This will probably be the last card from me for a couple of days as I'm working toward a design presentation early next week for the project I agreed to take on (in my retirement). Also, this morning I'm avoiding what I "should" be doing, which is cleaning house because we're having a small group of guests over for dinner tonight - for the first time in more than a year!

Having said all of that, this card is a message to myself about expectations - a reminder to relax them a bit. Everything will get done. I'm submitting it to the Color Throwdown #646 - Light Gray, Aqua, and Navy. 


I've been playing with a couple of new layering stamp sets from Hero Arts. The clouds and palm trees are from #CM317 and the waves are #CM316. The sentiment is from Simple Stories "Great Escape". The inks I used were PTI "Aqua Mist" and "Enchanted Evening" and Hero Arts Pigment Ink "Unicorn" and Memento dye ink "London Fog". I blended a bit of PTI "Blueberry Sky" onto aqua cardstock before stamping the layered clouds and palm trees and then mounted it behind a couple of die cut circles. (The stitched circle is cut into the pre-stamped top layer of the card and the second circle outline was cut from white card stock and mounted onto the face of the card.) All of this was mounted onto a white top-folded card base and some small clear gems were added for shine. I lined a white A2 envelope with a scrap of printed light-weight paper.   




Now it's time to get busy, but I will be reminding myself to relax a bit and enjoy the day as it progresses toward a fun evening of lively conversation and good food and drink!   

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so beautiful. A realy good sentiment and a great motiv.

    ReplyDelete