Wednesday, September 22, 2021

FIRST DAY OF FALL

It's hard to wrap my head around the idea that today is already the first day of fall! Today I'm playing with the current Just Us Girls #602 Color Week and the colors are perfect for fall - yellow, red, and orange. I decided to do a CAS design and a sentiment stamp that I haven't used before.


I started this project by cutting and folding a piece of ivory Strathmore watercolor paper, using the deckle edge for the opening side. Then on a smoother ivory recycled card stock I partially stenciled a brocade pattern with PTI "Fine Linen" ink to ground the various elements and stamped a leaf image from Impression Obsession #WP684 "Leaf Set" with Hero Arts "Butter Bar" and PTI "Summer Sunrise" and "Pure Poppy" dye inks. I fussy-cut the leaf, over-printed the sentiment (also "Leaf Set") with Altenew "Espresso" and mounted all of it onto a linen-colored mat and inserted a folded yellow ribbon. I lined the inside of the card with a bright yellow lightweight paper to accent the deckle edge and finished off by lining an ivory envelope with the same bright yellow. 

"Just Us Girls" Challenge: Just Us Girls #602-Color Week (justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com)



6 comments:

  1. This came together so well, Fran! I love the ripped edges and the light stencil work behind the leaf. The added ribbon tab is a nice touch too! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls for Color Week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, elegant card and envelope! The deckle edge really adds to the sophistication of this lovely set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the way you used the colors! Thanks for sharing at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran... there is so much to love about your card...from the deckle edge (which we don't use enough) to the fabulous sentiment. Thank you for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Fran! What a perfect sentiment to use with an autumn leaf and I love the soft stencilling in the background.

    You were right, I am in England. I read back over my post and realised it was ambiguous - I meant that while other people over in the southern hemisphere are getting ready to embrace spring, we in the northern hemisphere are packing up and getting ready to hibernate! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fran, TFS your comment on my Just Us Girls Challenge card:-) I love your beautiful CAS Autumn card design. You have a wonderful Blog...I just signed up to follow:-)

    I see you also live in Oregon:-) We live on the much cooler SW OR coast and actually live up Coos River...20 minutes from Coos Bay. Sorry you have had so much smoke to deal with this Summer...no fun. We get just a little rarely from the N. Cal fires if the wind is from the south. We had a wonderful 2 1/2" of rain last week, which was Awesome.
    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete