Friday, September 24, 2021

CAS CHRISTMAS

I haven't thought much yet about Christmas cards - there's still Halloween and Thanksgiving, so my mind is more on those. However, I noticed this CAS Christmas September Challenge - Plaid so I decided to try my hand at this challenge and slipped right under the deadline. 

As much as I love plaid I'm surprised that I had to dig pretty deep into my stash to come up with some plaid printed papers for my trees. In fact, the plaids (and one polka dot) were in my St. Patrick's Day stuff. 


I started with a top-folded white card and attached a piece of white cardstock that I had embossed with a Darice snow embossing folder. To this I glued 4 die-cut trees from a holiday die set. I cut a slightly smaller stitched rectangle and centered an oval opening in that. I glued it over the face of the trees with dimensional foam and white heat-embossed a sentiment from Penny Black ("Merry Up") on a strip of red card stock and tucked it into the oval (after tediously cutting the right edge of the strip with the same stitched rectangular die). I popped it up a bit at the outside edge with a piece of dimensional foam and finally added some small clear dots. 

Why is it that sometimes the simplest cards take the longest to make? With CAS there's no room for mistakes or fingerprints or smudges. I had a bit of dotted Christmas paper I used to line a white envelope and once I loaded the photo on my blog I could see that I must have at one time run over that piece of paper with my desk chair! I was too lazy to re-shoot the photo and the deadline for submission is bearing down on me.

CAS Christmas Card Challenge: CAS Christmas September Reminder


This was fun - think I'll try it again next month.

Added 9/30/21



5 comments:

  1. Fran, this is awesome! I love your design with the snow and the oval shape and then the triangle shape of the trees, really striking, especially with the plaid!! thank you so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card Fran! Glad you dug deep, because you came up with a wonderful mix of plaids and solids to make a beautiful stand of trees. Love it in the oval aperture with the embossed falling snow. That pop of red for your sentiment is perfect, and so is the placement! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fran, love your card, are there any dimensions for it please? Cheers and thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful design with your die cut oval framing your lovely plaid trees in the embossed snowfall! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas Fran! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous CAS design, love the embossed background and the pop of red, thankyou for joining in at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete